Banana Oat Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
These are an excellent use of store cupboard supplies and over ripe bananas! The ingredients can be easily subbed so use whatever you have at home, we’ve given some pointers in the recipe below but ask us any questions you have! They’re super easy to bake with children too if they need some afternoon entertainment this week!
100g oats (or muesli)
200g plain flour (wholemeal, spelt, a combo)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
100g light brown sugar (use any sugar)
1 egg (or a flax, chia egg)
60g melted butter (or oil)
75g chopped nuts or dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, mash the banana with a fork, add the egg, oil and nuts/fruit and stir to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold to combine but don’t overmix!
5. Spoon into paper classes and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the muffin.