25TH FEBRUARY 2020
Vegan Pancakes with Raspberry, Tahini and Pistachios
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
We have used unsweetened almond milk, but if you like your pancakes a little sweeter you could use the sweetened variety, or any other non dairy milk such as oat.
120g spelt flour
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
60g unsweetened apple sauce
180g unsweetened almond milk
125g frozen raspberries
2 tsp maple syrup, honey or agave (to taste)
Dollop of yoghurt, non dairy it preferred
2 tsp crushed pistachios
2 tsp tahini
Drizzle maple syrup, honey or agave
- Start by making the raspberry compote. Add 75g raspberries to a small pan with maple syrup and place on a low heat for 3-4 minutes until the raspberries have broken down, then add the remaining raspberries and fold them in, trying to keep them as whole as possible. Set aside.
- To make the pancakes, add the dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl, then add the wet ingredients and whisk together until combined, but do not overwhisk.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a low to medium heat, add a drizzle of coconut oil. Place 3 tbsp of batter into the pan to form each pancake. Depending on the size of your pan, you should be able to fit 2-4 in each batch.
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, flip once you start to see bubbles forming on the pancake, but don't be tempted to flip too soon!
- If you’re doing a bigger batch, place the pancakes in a 120 degree oven whilst you make the rest. Serve with raspberry compote, a dollop of tahini or nut butter, crushed pistachios, a drizzle of maple syrup, honey or agave and some coconut yoghurt.